I then had these small southwestern jars that hung on a long string. There were just plain ugly. I decided to cut them apart and paint them. I used some labels I downloaded (please forgive me I will link it as soon as I can remember where it was) and glued them to the front after I painted the jars black. I then aged them with brown gel and grey paint. I made several of these and added them around my bookshelves.
I then decorated my desk with a dollar store frame painted black and a pumpkin cut in half and glued on. I also picked up a couple black roses and put them in a black vase I happened to have.