Saturday, November 14, 2009

My tray project

This is the serving tray I redid today!~

When I got it, well lets just say it was in sad shape. ...

It not only was falling apart, but the giant ceramic tile with the painted flowers (ok, I think they are ugly) were scratched.

I took it apart and turned the ceramic tile over - It was the same on the back so I modge podged decorative paper over it.  I then let that dry and put an antique glaze over the top.  I wanted something more so I then freehanded an R in the center with Dark Brown paint.  All that was left after it dried was putting it back together and then hammering tiny nails into the corners to make it solid.  I then put a stain glaze over the top.

I think it turned out pretty good.

I put it over the cabinets in my kitchen....

No comments: