Saturday, September 18, 2010

Graveyard bones tutorial

Last night I wanted something to do to relax.  I decided since I was about to decorate for Halloween that I would do a Halloween decor craft.  I looked at my decor that I already had and decided that I needed BONES.  - at least ones bigger than what I had.  So this is what I came up with....

Here is how you make them if you want an easy relaxing project to hang out and watch Walle.


My supplies:

aluminum foil
paper mache
gesso
antique gel
foam brush
old sock

I started by mixing the paper mache in a tub..

I then made a bone shape out of aluminum foil and started to cover it with a thin layer of paper mache..
As soon as they were covered and looked like a white bone I put them in the oven on 100 with the door cracked just to help them dry faster.  When they were dry they looked like this. 
I then painted a light coat of Gesso all over them and let it dry.  Then I took my sponge brush and dabbed antique gel into the cracks and rubbed it off with my trusty old sock.


And then let them dry and they were all done!

I will probably rearrange them a couple of times before Im ok with it but for now I have bones freshly dug up out of the grave!

17 comments:

livingoutloud said...

I am a new follower from the blog hop
Living Out Loud
http://lgreenss.blogspot.com

I love your Bones, had to retweet to my 14,000+ followers. so cool

Bumblebee and Sophie said...

very cute, great idea!

Cristie said...

What a great idea! Looks like you have a great family!

Carole said...

how fun!

Lorie said...

Those are so great!! I need some of those for an apothecary jar!

Thanks for linking them up to Show and Tell Saturday!!

theyoungjunker said...

Good idea! They look great. Im a new follower, check out my blog too if you get a chance.

the cape on the corner said...

those looks great! i just picked up some of those tombstones from the dollar store, and can't wait to use them.

June said...

I love this idea and I have a paper casting kit I was going to give away. Now I can use it and get some great bones for Halloween.

Found your blog through Fabulous Friday.

Meg said...

This is a great project! So great, that I featured you on my blog! Come by and grab a button to add to your collection. ;) Have a great day!
Meg
alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

These are awesome! I've never seen that product before. Do you have to mix this paper pulp with glue? I guess if I could find the product I could read the instructions. I just love these...I definitely want to make some of these.

1 Funky Woman said...

Wow, I am so impressed that you did this! I want some!

New follower, and I linked up too!

Megan

Becky B. said...

Great tutorial - thanks for sharing all the details! LOVE your blog...I'm a follower now!

For The Luv Of Boys said...

New follower! Love these bones, they came out great!!

Sandra said...

Thanks for linking up this weekend. I featured this today.

Envy My Cooking said...

Found your blog through links! Love your blog!
If you ever need new recipes or want to be featured..than please come become a follower to see daily updates and email us if you would like us to feature you!!!

Ginger said...

How neat! Thanks for linking up to The Halloween Scene!

Unknown said...

網頁設計 網路行銷 關鍵字廣告 關鍵字行銷 餐飲設備 製冰機 洗碗機 咖啡機 冷凍冷藏冰箱 蒸烤箱 關島婚禮 巴里島機票 彈簧床 床墊 獨立筒床墊 乳膠床墊 床墊工廠 產後護理之家 月子中心 坐月子中心 坐月子 月子餐 銀行貸款 信用貸款 個人信貸 房屋貸款 房屋轉增貸 房貸二胎 房屋二胎 銀行二胎 土地貸款 農地貸款 情趣用品 情趣用品 腳臭 長灘島 長灘島旅遊 ssd固態硬碟 外接式硬碟 記憶體 SD記憶卡 隨身碟 SD記憶卡 婚禮顧問 婚禮顧問 水晶 花蓮民宿 血糖機 血壓計 洗鼻器 熱敷墊 體脂計 化痰機 氧氣製造機 氣墊床 電動病床 ソリッドステートドライブ USB フラッシュドライブ SD シリーズ