It had potential! It just seemed to have TOO much going on. I mean really, claw feet, paisley, the glass jar AND a candle holder on top. I hoped that I could save it and doing that meant some of it had to go.
I started off by unscrewing it and taking it apart. (yes for some reason it has a center bar that screws down).
I then cut off the paisley and had my sweetheart cut off the top ball and candle holder. Sparks were flyin I tell ya! (And not just the romantic kind!) LOL. I then touched up the top with metallic paint to mask where it was cut. My sweetheart suggested I glob it over with epoxy and then sand, seal and then paint but I have not the time, the patience, or the love of epoxy like he does so I just painted it. Plus I may embellish the top later with something, I'm not sure.
Here is my finished product....
Its probably not a life changing difference, but it works for me! I am either going to fill it with my grass and eggs or better yet with skulls for Halloween!! Ill let ya know - for now I'm just happy with my 4 dollar find!