Well its that time of year again! My Christmas tree stand opened yesterday! For anyone local that means I will be at the corner of State and Edgewood in Eagle Idaho almost everyday from now until Christmas! It is supposed to be really cold this year so Ill be the one totally bundled up! No worries tho cause I do love selling Christmas trees!
Anyhow I thought that I would pass along a few tips that I have learned along the way to help you keep your tree green all year long.
1. When your picking your tree and you run your hand through it and half the needles come off - skip it. Most trees with drop a few needles or picked up a few loose ones in transport but a ton of needles is not a good thing!
2. Acclimate your tree. If its cold out and your tree has been sitting outside in 30 degree temps (lower or higher) and you buy it and then immediately set it up in your nice and toasty 75 degree house, well, your going to shock that tree a bit. The best way to do it is to buy your tree, put it in your 50 degree garage overnight, and then your house the next day. Let it warm up a bit first.
3. Make sure your tree has a fresh cut on the bottom. A good tree stand will cut off a few inches at the bottom. this will ensure that your tree is able to drink up as much water as possible and stay healthy. My husband also recommends 3 tiny v cuts in the bottom.
4. WATER! I have heard so many recipes, secret ingredients, etc to add to your water to keep it alive longer. I do think alittle sugar may help. BUT regardless, the biggest thing is to just NEVER let your water well in your tree stand go dry. Why? cause as soon as that happens your stump starts to dry and wont be able to absorb as much water when you do remember to water it again!
5. I do think that Nobles tend to live longer than Grands. Plus I like them better but that's just my personal preference.
6. I'm not sure how to write this one but if you buy the best tree on the lot, strap it down haphazardly to the roof of your truck and then fly down the highway doing 90 mph, well that tree may not live very long. If your going to transport a tree for a long distance (like up to your cabin or grandmas house) ask for a tree not yet unwrapped. I know it looks funny and you don't think you will get that perfect tree but I have several people that do that every year and then have a big opening once it is standing in the family room. I have never gotten a return tree because it was a bad tree once they opened it. But then I try really hard to make sure my trees are great trees, just sayin.
All in all it is a lot of common sense. But sometimes we all forget with the craziness of getting ready for Christmas!
Oh another tip.... you know those little mole bumpy things on the trunk of your tree? Pop one every now and then and let the sap inside open to the air. It will make your tree smell stronger longer :) Which for me is the best part of a live Christmas tree!!
Well, I'm done and now have to go get ready for work! Everyone stay safe and have a stress free and fun Christmas Season!
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
I have fallen behind on my blog posts and for that I apologize I have been really busy getting everything ready for our Christmas tree stand in Eagle Idaho. I also have a new job that I'm so excited about!
I'm a Dove Chocolate Discoveries Chocolatier!
I get to sell chocolate! How much fun is that! Add to that it's Dove chocolate so its one of the best quality chocolates around! I have the options of selling the chocolate one on one, online with my own website, or better yet hold a CHOCOLATE PARTY! What is that you ask? Think getting together with your friends, relaxing and catching up while you sip one of several kinds of Hot chocolate or a chocolate martini! Then you get to taste several of the chocolate candies as well as a couple of the chocolate desserts! Is this not the funnest job EVER! I love that people get excited about coming to a party and volunteer to host!
Doesn't this look yummy?
The chocolate covered fruit, almonds and cinnamon dusted chocolate almonds are to die for! These also make awesome Christmas gifts!
Craving chocolate yet?
I had been searching for something I could do for a long time. I had a list... set my own hours around my kids, no stress, something I love and enjoy, get to meet new people and sell something that most people on the planet love. Dove just fit perfectly.
Here is a link to my website:
Please go check it out and come back and tell me what you love best. I will add that if your interested in joining me - contact me and we will talk. Its a great way to earn money and love what you do! Its easy- there are 3 kits to choose from. The smallest kit is only $49.00 but gives would all the supplies to get you started!
I also want to add that right now if you place an order of $30.00 or more you can get the tote bag for $10. its so cute I cant decide where or not to keep mine or give it away as a gift!
Any orders placed will ship directly to you - no hassle at all :)
Since I'm so excited and want to share the chocolate love that I am also adding a giveaway:
The Sugar and Spice Bundle
SPICED WHITE SIPPING CHOCOLATE and GINGERBREAD COOKIE MIX
To enter all you need to do:
*Check out my website and tell me what is your favorite* 1 entry
*follow my blog* 2 entries
*blog about my giveaway* 3 entries
*place an order* 4 entries
The giveaway will end December 10th at midnight! I will use Random.org to generate a winner. US residents only.
Thank you and take care,
Stacie Ann (Annie) Rose
Friday, November 5, 2010
Why is this skin care so special? Because it's All natural and TOTALLY Chemical free. This isn't one of those products that "claim" to be natural and yet still has unhealthy chemicals in it or unneeded ingredients to help it bind together. Plus, it just makes your skin feel AMAZING. Really! We are all using it at my house - my kids, myself and even my husband. oh yeah - he loves it and so that says alot. Right now they have a day cream, night cream, and anti- aging cream but plan on introducing 5 products in February 2011 with more products to follow.
Right now we are looking for people interested in team building, selling the product when it launches. (kinda like hiring the employees right before a store is about to open). The reason for starting now is so that everyone is ready for the launch date. You know how time flies by - Feruary will be here before you know it!
As for more information about the company you would be working with here is a great link.... http://www.myblueocean.net/. Many companies were very interested in buying the rights to these skin care products - Avon, Scentsy, and a few others but the Huntsman corporation picked it up as soon as they learned about it. They are very excited about picking it up. They want to provide Healthy on the inside and outside for everyone! They also sell the product Jus - an antioxidant drink. Here is my Jus page!
I'm linking up the presentation. Its not very long but it is very informative. This really is the chance to get in on the ground floor of an amazing new product. Plus its healthy and fun. I feel good about selling a product I love myself.
I also want to add that I am not a salesperson. I just really love this product and want to share it with you. Plus I want to give everyone the opportunity to get in on the ground floor. My husband and I are just down to earth family oriented people that spend our free time fishing together or doing things with our kids.
Please email or call me if you would like more information. 208-884-3941 or email@example.com.